Intellectual Property Transactions And Litigation For More Than 30 Years
Sanford Astor, offers clients throughout Southern California more than three decades of experience in all areas of intellectual property law and litigation. Mr. Astor’s experience includes more than 5 years of service as a patent examiner for the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Mr. Astor’s educational background includes a degree in chemical engineering, giving him unique insight into complex intellectual property issues involving chemical patents. Over the course of his career, he has helped his clients obtain more than 150 patents, including patents in the areas of nanotechnology; medical devices; dental devices; furniture accessories; toys; business methods; and a broad range of additional technologies. He is registered to practice before the U. S. Patent and Trademark Office, the U. S. District Court, the U. S, Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Sanford Astor practices exclusively in the area of prosecution, transactions, contracts and litigation related to intellectual property law, including:
- Patent opinions, patent applications and patent prosecution
- Patent disputes and litigation
- Register trademarks
- Entertainment law and litigation
- Copyrights, trademarks and service marks
- Nondisclosure agreements
- Licensing agreements and business contracts
Sanford Astor’s services in the area of entertainment law include:
- Script copyrights, trademarks and service mark registrations
- Design trademark registration
- Copyright disputes and litigation
- Technology patents and movie patents
- Intellectual property disputes and litigation
- Licensing and distribution agreements
- Exclusivity contracts and nondisclosure agreements
- Residuals contracts
- Motion picture technology patents
- Script draft and revision contracts and agreements
- Book Chapter Author, “Post-Bilski: New Challenges,” Inside the Minds: The Impact of Bilski On Business Method Patents, 2011.
- Author, “The Business of Licensing Intellectual Property Rights,” Technology Licensing Strategies, 2007.
- Quoted, Legal Opinion, Time Magazine, 1996.
- Speaker, “Intellectual Property in Film and Television,” California Lawyers for the Arts, 2000.
- Speaker, “Intellectual Property for the Film and Television Producer,” UCLA Film School, 1998.
- Moderator, “How to Try an Intellectual Property Law Case to a Jury,” ABA Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA, 1997.
- Speaker, “Intellectual Property…and How to Make a Deal,” Entertainment One Day Law Symposium, 1996.
- Superior Court Certificate of Appreciate, Mediator Service
- Board of Supervisors Certificate of Appreciation, Mediator Service
- Award of Merit, American Bar Association
- Award of Merit, San Fernando Valley Bar Association, Judge Pro Tem
- San Fernando Valley Neighborhood Legal Services, Certificate of Appreciation
- Distinguished Service Award, Northridge Jaycees